Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So, we have just had our final ARD meeting...if you don't know what that is, it is a meeting to decide services for the next year...Admission, Review, and Dismissal. This is our final meeting before she "ages out" of services from the public school system. We have just entered the era of adult services. It went well, and I think that she will keep her job at Subway. It is scary for me, because I think that we have just become more responsible for her well-being than ever. You expect that your children will grow and leave the nest. The only problem is that some children are never ready to leave the nest. I don't want for my child to become a ward of the state. I want for her to be as responsible as she can...isn't that what every parent wants for a child?

No comments: