Sunday, February 22, 2009

So, now we have to make plans for her life when she leaves school. We have our last ARD meeting on Tuesday, and we embark on a new era in her life. I want for her to be able to keep working at Subway...they have been so good to her. I just have to figure out how to make it work. I need to find a way to have her cared for during the day when she is not at work. I still do not feel comfortable having her at home alone. She is fine under normal daily circumstances, but she is not at all prepared for any kind of emergency. I'm not sure she would know what to do in an emergency, such as a fire or a break-in. I think that she would panic, but I don't know that she would have the mind-set to call 911 or to get out of the house if it was burning. I know at the very least that she is not able to lock the door on her way out. I have tried to train her to do this, but she has not been successful with it. She is able to unlock and come into the house and lock the door behind her. I am comfortable with this scenario as long as she doesn't have to spend too much time at home alone. The only thing that I know she does when she is home alone is that she eats nonstop. She makes herself a sandwich and continues on from there eating whatever she can find to munch on. I don't mind her having snacks, but I don't want her eating everything in sight, either.

No comments: